Most of the steady events on the island are bound to aspects of catholic life.
The following calendar summarizes the main events and festivals which take place every year in Palma:
- 5th January: procession of the Re Magi with disguised actors passing through the city centre
- 19th-20th January: San Sebastian feast, with concerts organised in the city squares, While on the 20th the population takes part in a cycling race in the city.
- Easter celebration with a procession
- 24th June: the Fire Night. In parks and gardens take place performances and fireworks on the occasion of St. John’s feast.
- June: Isladencanta Festival: The biggest modern music festival.
- August 11th: pilgrimage of St. Bernard, with procession from Plaça de Cort to the monastery la Real, at the end of which starts the liturgical celebration.
- September: Mare de Déu de la Salut. A folkloristic feast in honour of the Virgin Mary
- October: Colcada de la Beata: procession in honour of Saint Catalina Tomàs
- 31st December: Fiesta de Estandarte. On this day Jaume I defeated the Arab and reconquered the island. This victory is recalled with a procession in proximity of the cathedral.
Among the worldly events stands out the parties organised by Abraxas, one of the coolest night clubs of the island.
Housed in a stunning, early 19th-century mansion, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by lovely, tropical gardens. The centre of Palma de Mallorca is [...]
This boutique hotel is set in a traditional Majorcan manor house with an outdoor swimming pool. It features spacious and uniquely decorated rooms. Fre [...]
Located in a tranquil residential area, just a short stroll from the old quarter of Palma de Mallorca, Sercotel Hotel Zurbarán is a modern and well-e [...]
Luabay La Cala - Adults Only is set on the beachfront of Cala Major, just 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of Palma. This adults-only hotel feature [...]
The Hotel Tres boasts an unbeatable location at the heart of the historical centre of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of Majorca. Housed in a former [...]
A typical 19th-century city building houses this traditional-style hotel in Majorca’s capital, Palma. Restored in 2006, the hotel aims to recreate t [...]
Overlooking Mallorca’s Palma Bay, this hotel features 3 swimming pools, a hot tub and small gym. Each air-conditioned room includes satellite TV, fr [...]