Most of the steady events on the island are bound to aspects of catholic life.
The following calendar summarizes the main events and festivals which take place every year in Palma:
- 5th January: procession of the Re Magi with disguised actors passing through the city centre
- 19th-20th January: San Sebastian feast, with concerts organised in the city squares, While on the 20th the population takes part in a cycling race in the city.
- Easter celebration with a procession
- 24th June: the Fire Night. In parks and gardens take place performances and fireworks on the occasion of St. John’s feast.
- June: Isladencanta Festival: The biggest modern music festival.
- August 11th: pilgrimage of St. Bernard, with procession from Plaça de Cort to the monastery la Real, at the end of which starts the liturgical celebration.
- September: Mare de Déu de la Salut. A folkloristic feast in honour of the Virgin Mary
- October: Colcada de la Beata: procession in honour of Saint Catalina Tomàs
- 31st December: Fiesta de Estandarte. On this day Jaume I defeated the Arab and reconquered the island. This victory is recalled with a procession in proximity of the cathedral.
Among the worldly events stands out the parties organised by Abraxas, one of the coolest night clubs of the island.
Situated 500 metres from Plaça d’Espanya Train Station, this design hotel offers stylish rooms with flat-screen satellite TV. Guests enjoy free acc [...]
Set on Palma’s seafront, Sercotel Dalí is 600 metres from Cala Mayor Beach, and has an outdoor pool. Each air-conditioned room includes free Wi-Fi [...]
HM Jaime III offers stylish accommodation in the centre of Palma de Mallorca, 500 metres from the marina. It offers large rooms with free Wi-Fi, satel [...]
A typical 19th-century city building houses this traditional-style hotel in Majorca’s capital, Palma. Restored in 2006, the hotel aims to recreate t [...]
UR Palacio Avenida occupies a famous cinema, built in 1942. It offers stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen satellite TV and a private bathroom. [...]
This hotel is set in a 16th-century building in Palma’s Gothic Quarter, 100 metres from Palma Cathedral. It has a spa and the roof terrace offers gr [...]
Isla Mallorca & Spa is located in a quiet area of Palma de Mallorca. It offers an outdoor swimming pool, spa and chic rooms with flat-screen satellite [...]