Most of the steady events on the island are bound to aspects of catholic life.
The following calendar summarizes the main events and festivals which take place every year in Palma:
- 5th January: procession of the Re Magi with disguised actors passing through the city centre
- 19th-20th January: San Sebastian feast, with concerts organised in the city squares, While on the 20th the population takes part in a cycling race in the city.
- Easter celebration with a procession
- 24th June: the Fire Night. In parks and gardens take place performances and fireworks on the occasion of St. John’s feast.
- June: Isladencanta Festival: The biggest modern music festival.
- August 11th: pilgrimage of St. Bernard, with procession from Plaça de Cort to the monastery la Real, at the end of which starts the liturgical celebration.
- September: Mare de Déu de la Salut. A folkloristic feast in honour of the Virgin Mary
- October: Colcada de la Beata: procession in honour of Saint Catalina Tomàs
- 31st December: Fiesta de Estandarte. On this day Jaume I defeated the Arab and reconquered the island. This victory is recalled with a procession in proximity of the cathedral.
Among the worldly events stands out the parties organised by Abraxas, one of the coolest night clubs of the island.
This chic, urban hotel is set in an 18th-century palace in La Lonja district, 200 metres from Palma Cathedral. It features luxurious rooms with 52-inc [...]
Hostal Regina offers a superb central location 100 metres from Plaza de España and Soller Train Station. All rooms have a TV and a private bathroom w [...]
Set on Palma’s seafront, Sercotel Dalí is 600 metres from Cala Mayor Beach, and has an outdoor pool. Each air-conditioned room includes free Wi-Fi [...]
The modern Santa Clara can be found just 200 metres from the sea and Palma Cathedral. It has a rooftop terrace, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and spa. [...]
Situated 500 metres from Plaça d’Espanya Train Station, this design hotel offers stylish rooms with flat-screen satellite TV. Guests enjoy free acc [...]
Offering views of Palma Bay, Amic Horizonte is a family-run hotel is set close to the Puerto de Palma Harbour. It features an outdoor pool and rooms w [...]
Housed in a stunning, early 19th-century mansion, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by lovely, tropical gardens. The centre of Palma de Mallorca is [...]