Most of the steady events on the island are bound to aspects of catholic life.
The following calendar summarizes the main events and festivals which take place every year in Palma:
- 5th January: procession of the Re Magi with disguised actors passing through the city centre
- 19th-20th January: San Sebastian feast, with concerts organised in the city squares, While on the 20th the population takes part in a cycling race in the city.
- Easter celebration with a procession
- 24th June: the Fire Night. In parks and gardens take place performances and fireworks on the occasion of St. John’s feast.
- June: Isladencanta Festival: The biggest modern music festival.
- August 11th: pilgrimage of St. Bernard, with procession from Plaça de Cort to the monastery la Real, at the end of which starts the liturgical celebration.
- September: Mare de Déu de la Salut. A folkloristic feast in honour of the Virgin Mary
- October: Colcada de la Beata: procession in honour of Saint Catalina Tomàs
- 31st December: Fiesta de Estandarte. On this day Jaume I defeated the Arab and reconquered the island. This victory is recalled with a procession in proximity of the cathedral.
Among the worldly events stands out the parties organised by Abraxas, one of the coolest night clubs of the island.
This boutique hotel is set in a traditional Majorcan manor house with an outdoor swimming pool. It features spacious and uniquely decorated rooms. Fre [...]
The Hotel Tres boasts an unbeatable location at the heart of the historical centre of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of Majorca. Housed in a former [...]
The luxury Nixe Palace is situated next to Cala Major Beach and the Marivent Palace. It offers an outdoor pool, a spa and air-conditioned rooms with f [...]
Hostal Regina offers a superb central location 100 metres from Plaza de España and Soller Train Station. All rooms have a TV and a private bathroom w [...]
Right in the commercial centre of the city of Palma de Mallorca, this budget hotel is just 5 minutes’ walk from Plaza de España, Mallorca’s centr [...]
A typical 19th-century city building houses this traditional-style hotel in Majorca’s capital, Palma. Restored in 2006, the hotel aims to recreate t [...]
Isla Mallorca & Spa is located in a quiet area of Palma de Mallorca. It offers an outdoor swimming pool, spa and chic rooms with flat-screen satellite [...]