Most of the steady events on the island are bound to aspects of catholic life.
The following calendar summarizes the main events and festivals which take place every year in Palma:
- 5th January: procession of the Re Magi with disguised actors passing through the city centre
- 19th-20th January: San Sebastian feast, with concerts organised in the city squares, While on the 20th the population takes part in a cycling race in the city.
- Easter celebration with a procession
- 24th June: the Fire Night. In parks and gardens take place performances and fireworks on the occasion of St. John’s feast.
- June: Isladencanta Festival: The biggest modern music festival.
- August 11th: pilgrimage of St. Bernard, with procession from Plaça de Cort to the monastery la Real, at the end of which starts the liturgical celebration.
- September: Mare de Déu de la Salut. A folkloristic feast in honour of the Virgin Mary
- October: Colcada de la Beata: procession in honour of Saint Catalina Tomàs
- 31st December: Fiesta de Estandarte. On this day Jaume I defeated the Arab and reconquered the island. This victory is recalled with a procession in proximity of the cathedral.
Among the worldly events stands out the parties organised by Abraxas, one of the coolest night clubs of the island.
This boutique hotel is set in a traditional Majorcan manor house with an outdoor swimming pool. It features spacious and uniquely decorated rooms. Fre [...]
Offering views of Palma Bay, Amic Horizonte is a family-run hotel is set close to the Puerto de Palma Harbour. It features an outdoor pool and rooms w [...]
This hotel is set in a 16th-century building in Palma’s Gothic Quarter, 100 metres from Palma Cathedral. It has a spa and the roof terrace offers gr [...]
This chic, urban hotel is set in an 18th-century palace in La Lonja district, 200 metres from Palma Cathedral. It features luxurious rooms with 52-inc [...]
The Hotel Tres boasts an unbeatable location at the heart of the historical centre of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of Majorca. Housed in a former [...]
Located in a quiet area of Palma de Mallorca, on top of a hill, Blue Bay Hotel is 400 metres from Cala Mayor Beach and shopping area. Set in extensiv [...]
The AC Hotel Ciutat de Palma is an elegant design hotel set just 2 minutes' walk from the beach in Majorca's beautiful capital city of Palma. Enjoy t [...]